Saturday 10 April 2010

On the doorstep and the Grand National

I'm just heading out with the campaign team to Queensbury for a couple of hours knocking on doors. Obvioulsy we'll be finished in time to watch the Grand National later this afternoon.


I suspect that everything is going to become an election issue over the next 4 weeks and Britain's biggest horse race is no exception. Labour has launched a petition to keep the Grand National on free to watch TV. The Tories have confirmed that they would cut the list of sporting events, like the Grand National, which are reserved for free-to-air TV. By doing so they would give Pay TV operators like Sky Sports the opportunity to buy the rights to screen these important national events. Only those paying sports subscriptions would be able to watch them.
You can sign the petition by going to www.labour.org.uk/grandnational

UPDATE: I forgot to give you my tip for the big race. I'm backing Comply or Die, although I'm not overly confident!

No comments: